Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Week #9


         I continue to think what I will do for my career, something that will enable me to provide for my family but also allow me to do good in the world and hopefully solve a social problem or two. The more I think about social business I wonder how I can apply those principles and concepts that have been done before and still be innovative in my career of doing whatever I’ll chose to do.
         I believe a business can still be considered a social business if it makes profit and attempts to provide solutions to social issues. To me, that seems like the definition of what a social business is and we are seeing more and more of those types of businesses in the world today.
         The different between philanthropy and business is one is more focused on funding and putting money into social causes whereas business is more for gain and capital for the company itself. In social entrepreneurship the contrast by finding that middle ground of where to put the money and how to actually make the money. They coincide by putting to two together in a social business where the motive to make the money is geared towards social causes, but you’re still striving to make a profit.

No comments:

Post a Comment